Readers share their financial goals for 2019
18 Jan 2019
Find out what goals our readers are prioritising this year.
AMP ran a competition on Facebook asking our readers what their goals were in 2019 and how they planned to stick to them.
It turns out, saving and helping others along the way were on the top of most people’s list of things to do.
What our readers said they’re prioritising in the new year
- My bestie and I are saving $150 a week so we can spend her 50th in Vegas! We’re keeping the itinerary on the fridge and ticking off what the savings are paying for as we go.
- My financial goal is to make sure my kids understand the importance of saving for their futures, while creating a regular savings plan at the same time.
- I want to complete my studies while working and raising two boisterous boys. I’m also saving for our first family holiday with a strict schedule and budget.
- In 2019 I’ll be sharing more of what I have. I’ve already got plenty and there’s no greater feeling than helping others. I’m investing in a better world!
- I plan to continue to build up the ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ way of life. Good for the environment and my finances.
- I want to set aside more money for retirement. You’re never too young to start saving more superannuation and I plan to give up my daily coffee to kickstart my goal.
- I will reduce my energy bills by going solar. With the money saved, I’m planning to invest in a personal trainer course, giving me a ‘legs-up’ towards good health.
- I want to go from renter to home owner through more home cooking, baking, reusing school supplies and recycling unused items on buy and sell pages.
- My goal is to save 50% of my income and I’m doing that by immediately transferring it into a separate bank account.
- I want to save, so instead of thinking ‘buy buy’, I’m saying ‘bye bye’ to unnecessary spending.
Need a hand with your financial goals?
Whatever your plans, if you’re looking for more tips and insights for the year ahead, check out our AMP Financial Help Hub.
Meanwhile, our budget planner calculator might help you to crunch some numbers and the AMP Bett3r Account could help you to stay on track financially as it enables you to track bills, set up savings goals and know what’s safe to spend