Do you know an amazing Aussie who could use a financial boost?
4 Apr 2019
AMP’s Tomorrow Fund is looking for individuals, who are working hard to make a positive impact in the community, to share in $1 million in grants.
For the sixth year running, the AMP Foundation is seeking amazing Australians doing great things in any field to apply for a financial grant through its AMP Tomorrow Fund initiative.
Individuals of all ages, abilities and walks of life, who are working toward a goal that benefits the community, but need help to make it happen, are encouraged to submit an application from 11 April.
AMP’s Tomorrow Fund supports talented and innovative Australians, known as Tomorrow Makers, with grants of between $5,000 and $100,000.
Who are Australia’s Tomorrow Makers?
Tomorrow Makers are working toward goals across many areas of endeavour, including everything from art, athletics and sport, to social innovation, medical research, music and more.
What they share is the drive to make a positive impact on Australia, either by inspiring others or creating something special.
Since 2014, AMP’s Tomorrow Fund has awarded $5 million in grants to 230 inspiring individuals, including some of those below.
- Hunter Johnson (pictured) fosters good mental health and emotional intelligence in young men through The Man Cave.
- Lana Borg is an aged care worker, who provides nourishing meals and support for people doing it tough in the Penrith area.
- Robyn Leonard was inspired by her late daughter to support brain cancer research through vital tissue collection.
- Stewart McSweyn is a middle-distance runner, who has his sights set on Tokyo 2020.
- Fatma Elzein is a nurse, who set up Mummies Paying It Forward, which collects and distributes baby goods and other vital items to families in need.
- Adrian Whitehall, a young double bassist from the Illawarra, aims to share his love of classical music with regional Australians.
- Chris Zhong educates the community about the social benefits of blockchain technology.
You can learn more about these amazing individuals and other Tomorrow Makers at the AMP Tomorrow Fund website.
Apply or share
Applications for AMP Tomorrow Fund grants open on Thursday 11 April and close on Monday 27 May at 4pm (AEST) 2019.
To be in the running to share in $1 million in grants, you must complete the online form on the AMP Tomorrow Fund website when applications open, explaining what your goal is, how you’re going to get there and what you’ve already done to work towards it.
If you know someone in your community doing something extraordinary, please tell them about AMP’s Tomorrow Fund and encourage others to do the same. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to ensure we can find and support Tomorrow Makers.
Posters, information sheets and a sample application are available for download from the ‘Tips & tools’ section of the AMP Tomorrow Fund website.